Economics of nature using and environment protection; legal, institutional and economic framework for land use, land protection, forestry; sustainable land management
2019 - DSc (Econ.), Public Institution "Institute of Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine", Kyiv, Ukraine
2012 - PhD (Econ.), Ukrainian National Forestry University, Lviv, Ukraine
2005 - Master, Ukrainian State University of Forestry and Wood Technology, Lviv, Ukraine
2022 - ongoing - Leading Researcher, Institute of Land Management of National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2014-2022 - Senior Researcher, Public Institution “Institute of Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”, Kyiv, Ukraine
2013-2014 - Researcher, Public Institution “Institute of Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”, Kyiv, Ukraine
2012-2013 - Junior Researcher, Public Institution “Institute of Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”, Kyiv, Ukraine
2009-2011 - Junior researcher, Ukrainian National Forestry University, Lviv, Ukraine
- 2023-2026 - "Substantiation and measures for implementation of a human rights-based integrated approach to rural development, food security and land policy in post-war rebuilding of Ukraine"
- 2019-2021 - R&D "Formation of the Platform of Systemic Interactions of Natural Resources and Market Development Cycles"
- 2019 - R&D "Low-Carbon Development of Non-Energy Sectors: Sphere of Nature Using"
- 2017-2019 - R&D "Financial and Economic Principles of Regulation of Nature Using"
- 2014-2016 - R&D "Principles of Formation of Economic System Based on Natural-Resources Complexes"
- 2015 - R&D "Issues of the Implementation of Directive 91/676/EEC Concerning the Protection of Waters Against Pollution Caused by Nitrates from Agricultural Sources in Ukraine"
- 2013-2015 - R&D "Economic Evaluation of Natural Capital of Ukraine"
- 2012-2013 - R&D "Natural Recourses Administration: Spatial Aspects, Functions, Mechanisms"
- 2009-2011 - R&D "Theoretical Foundations of National Forest Policy"
- 2007 - R&D "Economic Value of Forest Ecosystem Services"
MONOGRAFIE I PRACE ZBIOROWE POD REDAKCJĄrozwiń
- Sakal O. V. (2012). Effective governance of forest lands. Kyiv, PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine. 176 p.
- Sakal O. V. (2018). Institutional transformations in the field of land use. Kyiv, PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine. 478 p.
- Paton B. E. (Ed.) (2016). National paradigm of sustainable development of Ukraine. Kyiv, PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine. 72 p.
- Libanova E. M., Khvesyk M. A. (Eds.) (2017). Socio-economic potential of sustainable development of Ukraine and its regions: vectors of real progress. Kyiv, PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine. 864 p.
- Khvesyk M. A. (Ed.) (2019). Public-private forms of ensuring sustainable spatial development of Ukraine. Kyiv, PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine. 723 p.
- Khvesyk M. A. (Ed.) (2019). The trajectory of sustainable development of Ukraine until 2030: national report. Kyiv, PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine. 500 p.
ARTYKUŁY NAUKOWE W CZASOPISMACHrozwiń
- Sakal O., Kovalenko A., Tretiak R., Tretiak N. (2019). Results of the Decentralization Reform in Ukraine: Land Use. Scientific Papers Series "Management, Economic Engineering in Agriculture and Rural Development". Vol. 19, Issue 1. Р. 511-517.
- Tretiak A., Tretiak V., Sakal O., Kovalenko A., Tretiak N., Shtogryn H. (2020). The value added chain in the mechanism of public-private partnership for the development of the land use economy of rural territories. Agricultural and Resource Economics: International Scientific E-Journal, 6(3), Р. 112-134. https://doi.org/10.51599/are.2020.06.03.07.
- Tretiak A., Sakal O., Kovalenko A., Tretiak N., Shtohryn H., Byrkiv H. (2020). Use of the drained land potential in Ukraine. Scientific Papers. Series E. Land Reclamation, Earth Observation & Surveying, Environmental Engineering. Vol. IX. P. 169-174.
- Sakal O., Tretiak N., Kovalenko A., Shtohryn H., Skolskyi I. (2021). Public and private interests in the process of capitalization of forest resources (on the example of Ukraine). AgroLife Scientific Journal. Vol. 10, No 1. P. 193-203. URL: http://agrolifejournal.usamv.ro/pdf/vol.X_1/vol10_1.pdf.
- Tretiak N., Sakal O., Kovalenko A., Kalinowski S., Tretiak V., Shtohryn H., Behal I., Klodzinski M. (2021). Land Resources and Land Use Management in Ukraine: Problems of Agreement of the Institutional Structure. Functions and Authorities. European Research Studies Journal. XXIV(1). P. 776-789. DOI: 10.35808/ersj/1994
INNE PUBLIKACJE NAUKOWErozwiń
RAPORTY, EKSPERTYZY I INNE OPRACOWANIArozwiń
CZŁONKOSTWO W ORGANIZACJACH
- 2018-2022 - Head of the Council of Young Scientists of the PI IEESD NAS of Ukraine
- Expert group ЕГ-02 of the expert commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on evaluating the effectiveness of activity of scientific institutions in the scientific field of social sciences
- Editorial team of the Scientific Herald of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas (edition topic "Economy and management of oil and gas industry")
- Editorial team of the electronic scientific professional publication "Economics. Management. Innovations" (series: Economic Sciences)
NAGRODY, STYPENDIA I WYRÓŻNIENIA
- Laureate of President Prize for the Young Scientists - 2015 for a series of scientific papers "Land Management Mechanisms in the Context of Sustainable Development" (Decree of the President of Ukraine about the award of President prizes for the young scientists No 705/2015)
- Scholar of the President of Ukraine for the Young Scientists - 2014-2016, 2020-2022